Friday, January 17, 2014

The Skincare Series : Michael Todd True Organics Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Cleanser

This is the first post of a new series all about skincare.  I plan to review skincare products, provide tips and tricks, talk about my personal struggle and experience, and overall try to help any of you with similar skin issues or questions.

Everyone wants perfect skin.  THAT is the goal. We wouldn't need all that makeup if our skin naturally was even toned, glowed, had the right amount of flush, was not too dry, not too oily.

In my quest for perfect skin, I have tried a great deal of products.  My skin is sensitive, acne-prone and oily, so the products I tend to try and use are geared towards people with similar skin issues.

Overall I truly believe that if you take care of your skin, your makeup will look better and you won't have to use as much.  I also believe in spending a little more on skincare, because it is an investment.

Let's start with this week's skincare product:

Michael Todd True Organics' Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Cleanser



I've been trying Michael Todd products for the past eight months or so and I have to say that I really love them.  They are all natural and mostly organic, which is great in general, but even better for your skin.  Putting chemicals anywhere near or around your body can be harmful in the longterm, so limiting the amount of harmful products you put on your skin is always a good idea.

This cleanser is, as the title indicates, a deep pore cleanser. After using this to clean my face, my skin feels very clean and rid of impurities.  I especially like using this cleanser before applying a face mask, because that way my skin is ready to soak up all the good stuff in the mask.

For sensitive skinned people, like myself, I wouldn't recommend using this everyday.  I tend to use it two or three times a week.  Any more and I risk over stimulating my skin and that's never a good idea for acne-prone skin.

The color of the product might be a little intimidating, but it just shows that it contains no artificial colouring to make it more appealing to consumers.  It lathers nicely once worked into the skin a bit.  The texture is very smooth and gel-like.  It has a slight scent, but nothing unpleasant, it's plant-like.



I really love this product.  I have used a whole bottle up and am on my second at the moment. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone who wishes to control oil and/or breakouts.

I hope you all enjoyed this first instalment of The Skincare Series, and I'll be back next week with a new post.

1 comment:

  1. Hey lovely! I love you blog so I've nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out my blog for more information :)
    http://clarasboxes.blogspot.de/2014/01/liebster-award.html
    X Clara

    ReplyDelete