Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ipsy April 2014 : Beauty Rocks!

Last summer I decided to give a beauty subscription service a try.  After watching several Youtubers unbox several different beauty boxes, I chose to go with Ipsy.  The value always seemed really good and for $14/month ($10 in the US), you just can't go wrong.

What is Ipsy? It's a monthly subscription service that sends you deluxe samples and full size beauty products.  The value of the box is always higher than the amount you paid, which is always a good feeling.  It is also customized just for you.  When you join Ipsy, they make you take a quiz to see what kind of products you like, or don't like, what skin and hair problems you want to deal with, etc.




This month's theme was Beauty Rocks! and here are the products I received in my bag:



1) Caylin Tinted Lip Balm in 12. Apple Pink


This tinted lip balm is actually really pigmented!  It's a lovely nude/coral shade that is absolutely perfect for summer! The packaging is also quite cool, a little bulky, but I'm not complaining.  The top section is actually a brush that can be used to apply the product, and I think it's a good quality tool as far as applicators that come with products come.

2) Such a Tease Eyelashes in So Seductive


These lashes are simply gorgeous! They feel really nice and appear to be quite good quality.  They are also cruelty free :) 

3) Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet


These eyeliners are quite well known in the beauty community as being amazing quality and having a really good staying power.  I had never tried any of their liners, because the price is a little cheap and one can easily find drugstore alternatives for a fraction of Urban Decay's high prices.  So, I was quite excited to get my hands on one of these and get the chance to try it out.  I tried it on my upper lash line and in my water line and both stayed put the entire day.  I can't really say anything bad about this product.

4) St. Tropez Gradual Tan Anti-Ageing  


I have yet to actually try this product due to the fact that it isn't quite summer yet here in Montreal, and that the rest of my body is still pasty white. But I'm excited to give it a go and see what all the St. Tropez hype is all about. I swatched the product on the back of my hand, it blended well and did not irritate my sensitive skin, so this stuff seems promising.

5) City Color White Gold mousse eyeshadow


Before receiving this in my Ipsy bag I didn't even know that mousse eyeshadows even existed.  There's a first time for everything, so now I get to try this revolutionary product and see what is so special.  It is very pigmented and the colour is true to its name, a white gold. Love this stuff and will be great for summer nights out. 


Overall, I have always been really satisfied with my Ipsy bag and would recommend this service to anyone.  Unfortunately though Ipsy only ships within the US and to Canada, so if you live anywhere else, it's unavailable to you.  

Let me know what you guys got in your Ipsy bag! or if you are subscribed to another service, let me know what you think :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment