Friday, May 30, 2014

May Favorites 2014

Hi everyone and welcome to what I hope will become a monthly instalment on my blog : favorites!  Every month I will share the products I have been loving and explain why these products are simply amazing and deserve to be mentioned.



Let's get started...



Real Techniques brushes
I absolutely love these brushes. They are inexpensive, synthetic, really soft and work amazingly at applying makeup.  Simply put, they are the perfect makeup brushes.  Plus, they were created by a you tuber and purchasing these brushes supports them instead of a huge corporation, which is always better.



Victoria's Secret Bombshell Eau de Toilette
Since I was in France for seven months, I wasn't able to bring all my perfumes with me.  One of the ones I decided to leave behind was the Bombshell eau de toilette from VS.  I thought this scent was more of a summer fragrance and since summer is right around the corner, I figured it was finally time to whip it out. It's described as a "glamorous blend of purple passion fruit, Shangri-la peony and vanilla orchid", which if you ask me, sounds delicious! Every time I have worn this scent, I have gotten compliments, which is always a good sign that the fragrance suits me. If you have a chance to go to a Victoria's Secret store, go check out their fragrances, there'll definitely be something there for you.



Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Cream
I had ordered the Sephora favorites kits with many deluxe sample sizes of the bestselling skincare products.  One of these was the Dr. Jart+ BB cream.  I decided to give it a try earlier this month and was very very very happy with the results.  It give pretty good coverage, especially for a BB cream, it lasts ALL DAY, and it does not irritate my skin.  Pretty much the perfect product in my eyes.  I'll definitely be purchasing the full size of this stuff once I run out.  The only downfall is that it only comes in a single universal shade, which is pretty light, so if you are quite tan or dark-skinned, this won't be for you.


 (Musk)


(Lychee)

Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick Duo in Musk and Lychee
I picked this little coupling at Sephora in the middle of the month and I absolutely love it!  The duo has a perfect nude shade for my skin tone, and a darker pinky brown that's great for nights out and will also be a great Fall and Winter color.  Both shades are very pigmented, it only takes one stroke to coat the lips and the formula is very moisturizing, which is always a good thing.


MAC Peach Blossom Lipstick
Along the same lines as the previous product, this lipstick is a nude that will go with anything.  It's creamy and adds just the right amont of color, without washing me out either.  A definite must for the summer since it's also more on the coral side. I am a bit obsessed with MAC lipsticks, and will probably never have too many, but this is a classic, everyday shade that will probably run out quite rapidly.



Ren ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser
Earlier this month I got it into my head that I needed to add a toner to my skincare regimen and decided to purchase one from Origins, unfortunately it made my skin very irritated and unbalanced and left my skin in dire need of some TLC. So I went back to Sephora and was advised to try the Ren ClearCalm 3 Clay Cleanser, because it wouldn't strip my skin, but would still help fight blemishes. I was sold. The first time I used it, I felt as if my skin let out a sigh of relief, it was so soothing and my skin has been happy ever since.  It's not cheap, but to keep my skin happy, I'm glad to pay the price.  Plus, I haven't used much of anything else since I've been using this cleanser, it's a true miracle worker. I definitely want to try more products from Ren !


There you have it folks, my first monthly favorites post!

Let me know what you have been loving :)

xx

4 comments:

  1. Do you want follow each other on bloglovin?
    If yes, follow me there and let me know!
    I follow you back!


    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3947784

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for sure :) Just followed !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technique brushes are brilliant for blending foundation, adding powder and blush. Ren looks interesting as a cleanser but currently use Liz Earle hot polish which I love Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I keep hearing great stuff about Liz Earle, I'll have to try it sometime. But my skin is absolutely loving Ren, so I'm sticking to that for now :)

    ReplyDelete