Sunday, July 20, 2014

Ipsy July 2014: Sensationally Sunkissed

Receiving my Ipsy bag each month is like having Christmas 12 times per year.  It's a wonderful thing to get five beauty products sent to you and to be able to test/discover new things constantly.






I was quite happy with this month's bag.  There are some months that aren't as exciting, but this wasn't one of them.



Let's start with the bag itself, a bright pink one with scalloped edges, the epitome of summer loving.

Here's what my July Ipsy bag contained:

BareMinerals Eyeshadow duo
I've wanted to try bareMinerals products for quite some time now so I was very excited to receive an eyeshadow duo from this popular brand in my Ipsy bag.  I swatched both colours and they are beautiful.  This morning I used this duo to create a very light smoky eye and I love it. I added a little bit extra purple liner to the outer corner to add some more depths and I just love this look.


Derma E BB Creme with SPF 25
This BB creme is more like a tinted moisturizer since the coverage is quite light, although it's far from being a bad product. It applies beautifully, blends like a dream and feels wonderful on the skin.  A perfect little product to bring to the pool or beach this summer to add a little something to the skin without looking like you put on a ton of makeup to go swimming.



Pixi Beauty Tinted Brilliance Balm
I love wearing natural lips during the summer.  Heavy makeup just doesn't feel right on the skin when it's really hot out.  That's why a light lip is essential.  This little balm is great, highly moisturizing, feels great and adds just the right amount of colour to brighten up the face.  A great product that will definitely be put in my handbag and kept close during the next couple months.



Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer
Bronzers!! Let's all take a moment to appreciate the greatness of a good bronzer.  The way a bronzer can change a look is quite amazing.  Since everyone wants that nice sun kissed glow during the summer, adding a little extra bronzer to the skin is always a good idea. This Pop Beauty bronzer is a good one to add that perfect glow to the skin.  It has some shimmer, but it doesn't show up too intensely on the skin.  It adds the right amount of glowiness without being overpowering.  I love this product.



Pur-Lisse Essential Daily moisturizer SPF 30
One can never have too much sunscreen in the summer, or any other time of year for that matter. Adding SPF to my daily skincare routine is a must.  I must admit that I don't always remember to use it, especially if I'm not planning on being outside too much that day or if the sun is taking a long siesta behind the clouds and letting the rain fall all day.

And that sums up my July Ipsy bag :)  What did you all receive in yours?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment