Monday, August 18, 2014

Ipsy August 2014: Beauty Schooled!

This month's Ipsy bag arrived earlier this week and it's now time to share with you what I received :)

Here's something I will start doing with my Ipsy posts, I will look up the actual retail price of each item and sum up the total value of the bag.







Let's talk about the bag itself, this month it pretty much exactly mimics a  pencil case, one might load with pens and erasers and lug to class, which is cute and fits perfectly well with this month's theme.



Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk ($8.99)
Dry Shampoo is great! Dru Shampoo in a travel size, even better! I've tried this out quickly and I quite like this stuff.  The scent is light and fresh, which won't overpower any other fragrance I may be wearing.  It blends in very quickly and doesn't leave a white cast on my hair (although I'm blonde and can never really complain about that). This will definitely come in handy on trips and such.

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner ($11.25)
I've actually had a sample of this product before (not from Ipsy).  To be honest, I'm not a big primer person when it comes to my base.  I'll prime my eyelids that's a given, but I have never gotten into the habit of priming my face before applying foundation. That being said, I don't have much of an opinion for this product yet, I will give it a real go and let you all know whether or not it's worth it.

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara ($5.50)
Mascaras are always welcome in my Ipsy bags, because sample sizes of mascara offer a great way to try an expensive product long enough to form an opinion on the product. The brush is made of fibres and is a medium size, not too big, not too small. The brush is honestly quite average looking, but the formula itself is something really amazing. I was excited to test this stuff out and see if it could possibly stand up to the oh-so popular 'they're real', and let me tell you IT DOES! This is one of the absolute best mascaras I have ever tried.  It coats my lashes so well and makes them long and full.  Just amazing stuff.


J. Cat Beauty Flying Solo Eyeshadow in Half Naked ($2.99)
Eyeshadow is always fun to have in a single pot when the colour is neutral and very versatile. I'm not too sure about this product or pigmentation yet. I will have to really try it out and see how it works best. I'll keep you posted.



Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner ($5.50)
Lip balm is always an essential.  I have one in every purse, bag, drawer, etc. So having another one isn't a bad thing, but it isn't the most exciting item to ever appear in my Ipsy bag. I gave it a go and applied to my lips this morning before applying my lipstick.  It felt nice enough. It's not a life changing product, but not a bad one either.

The total of the bag this month is : $34.23

And there you have it, this month's Ipsy bag.

Let me know what you received.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment