Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Reading Habit Tag :)

While perusing some blogs on a Sunday night I found this great tag with fun questions about one of my favorite pastimes; reading!


I thought it would be a fun little thing to share with you all so here goes...



1. Do you have a certain place at home to read
If I want to read then I'll most likely go on the couch in the living room, or outside on the deck during summer.  

2. Bookmark or Random piece of paper?
More often than not I'll take pretty much anything to mark the page in a book.  I've often taken a picture or a postcard, because I like opening the book and seeing something personal that reminds me a happy memory.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or # pages?
In order to better find my place the next time I'll open the book, I tend to stop at a specific spot that is easily findable the following time, i.e. defined paragraph, new chapter, etc... But it also happens sometimes that I just stop reading for such and such a reason and I can't just stop at the end of the chapter I have to stop then and there.

4. Do you eat or drink while you reading?
It happens, yes.  Most likely I'll be reading with a cup of tea.

5. Do you watch tv or listen to music while reading?
I can read while watching TV, but not while listening to music.  That is how my brain works. 

6. One book at a time or several at once?
I used to only be able to have one book going, but now I have a couple.  The reason is that one is a real paper book that I read, and the other is an audio book that I listen to with my audible app on my phone.  I find that this way there is no way to mix the stories and I'll listen/read them at different times so it works perfectly.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere, I have to have a book with me everywhere and before the outburst of technology and audiobooks and ebooks, I would choose my purses based on their book holding abilities (meaning they had to be big enough to hold a book). 

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Always silently.  I'm a slow reader as it is, if I started reading out loud I'd never get through a book.


9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
No way!  That would ruin all the fun.  Plus I'm way too OCD, I need to read every single word of the book if not I feel I didn't get the full experience.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
This happens automatically I think, unless that means I just break the spine all the time...

There you have it, some fun facts about me and reading :) 
Hope you all enjoyed and let me know how you enjoy a good book !

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment