Sunday, June 29, 2014

June Favorites 2014


Here goes the second monthly faves post! I hope I can keep this up for the rest of the year.






Essie Nail Lacquer in Bikini So Teeny
This is an absolute perfect Spring/Summer color!  I kept hearing about Essie polishes and how the colors are so great, so eventually I just had to give them a try. At some point I went to my local Pharmaprix (drugstore) and Essie polishes were on sale, so I jumped at the chance to finally try these iconic products.  This blue is a true baby blue with very very fine micro glitters, which are only noticeable at a close range, so all you glitter haters out there, this is a polish for you.


Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Poppy Paradise
The checkout section at Sephora is always a killer because there are numerous amounts of deluxe samples and travel sizes of their most popular products.  I constantly get sucked in and it's no surprise that sometimes, I spend more time looking at the products in the checkout aisle than in the rest of the store.  At some point last month I picked up the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée, because it was so talked about last summer, I just had to add it to my collection for the upcoming warm weather.  As the name indicates, the product is a jelly type of consistency that applies very well and blends like a dream.  I apply it with my fingers by dabbing it onto the apples of my cheeks and it just gives the perfect most natural summer flush.  To top it off it also lasts a really long time, so no need for touch ups during the day.


Sephora Collection Nail Buffer Block
I don't have the best nails around and am always looking for new cuticle oils, base coats, anything to make my nails stronger and grow longer without breaking.  I decided to buy this nail buffer because I'd heard a lot about the good effects of buffing your nails. Let me just tell you, this little block changed it all.  Within a  couple days my nails were harder and looked much healthier.  I love this little wonder and will definitely repurchase it when this one wears out.



Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer 
Back in December I purchased the Too Faced hearts Sephora palette. One of the great products included in the amazing 15-year celebration palette is the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.  It's a matte bronzer that blends beautifully well on the skin.  Plus, the product itself smells like chocolate. What better way to start out a day then to apply yummy smelling stuff to your face to look a little more bronzed.



Jennifer Anniston Eau de Parfum 
I started a new job this month, which means wearing bold fragrances is a no-no!  I had to look into my collection and see which scents I could pull off at work without intoxicating my colleagues. This fragrance is really lovely.  It's light and fresh. Anniston says to having wanted to capture the scent of the ocean and summer nights in her perfume, which explains the very fresh aspect of it.  It's a very simple fragrance that isn't overpowering at all and therefore it perfectly suitable to wear at work.  I've loved this perfume for a really long time, though so it's not like I really need an excuse to wear it.


There you have it, everything I loved during the past month :)

Let me know what your favorites were !

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment