Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August Favorites 2015

Another month has passed and it's time to look back and see which products made my life better in August.



Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner 
I showed this in a recent skincare haul and I started using it pretty much right away. This stuff is wonderful ! I have stayed far far far away from toners after trying several and having my skin react badly after each one. I was resigned to never using a toner in my skincare routine until finding this gem. This gentle, alcohol-free toner does its job perfectly and extremely gently. I've noticed a difference in my skin since using it, so this will remain in my routine for a while.

Lush Don't Look At Me Fresh Face Mask
Lush has recently become a favorite store, again. I've loved Lush as a brand and have used many of their products for years now. However, lately I have been wanting to try all their products, repurchase items I've used up and try the ones I've heard great things about. I picked up this Fresh Face Mask and I have really enjoyed using it. These masks, being handmade and fresh, need to be used within a few weeks and need to be kept in the fridge. So I've probably used this a good four times since picking it up. It's bright blue and has some quite gritty bits in it for exfoliation, but overall a great brightening mask.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
Another recent purchase that I have been liking this month. Not too dramatic, so excellent for a day-to-day mascara. One thing it does excellently is lengthen. My lashes look very long and luscious when I use this.

Lush Celebration Hand and Body Lotion
This limited edition product from Lush was such a joy to apply. It's from their holiday collection, so I cannot go out and repurchase it now, but it's on my list for this coming holiday season. It has an orangey-sweet scent that is so delectable. The best part of this is that it's made with champagne, who doesn't want oranges and champagne all over their body?

Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss in Nude 
I've reached for this lip product more often than not this month. The name says it's a gloss, but in reality it's more of a liquid lipstick. The staying power is amazing and this particular colour is great for everyday wear.

Erin Condren Life Planner 
This is always a favourite, but I have really been into extra long planning sessions and decorating over the past few weeks and needed to include it in this post.

Geo Sparkle Rock
A very odd item for this kind of post, but I really do love this thing. I was gifted it by my mom after she went on a trip out west (Alberta, Canada). She gave me this very plain and unexciting looking rock. She informed me I needed to crush it to reveal the inside. Once I did that, I realized how beautiful and sparkly and wonderful this rock is. It really got me thinking about the hard times I had gone through and the people in my life. When you work hard to discover what someone or something is all about, going past the exterior, then you may be surprised at what you discover, just like this rock :)

Anywhoo... those were my August favourites and this marks the end of summer and the beginning of the Fall season.

Let me know which products you loved over the summer and which parts of the Fall you are most looking forward to.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment