Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Raw Matcha Protein Balls

Good day everyone, here is something different and new for my blog and I am so excited to share this with you all.

Healthy living is something I feel strongly about. I'm not trying to claim that I live a one hundred percent healthy lifestyle but I do make the effort to eat clean most of the time. This recipe is the beginning of what I hope will be many more simple and healthy recipe posts on my blog.



There are food trends, that is clear. Protein balls of many kinds have been popping up on my Pinterest and Instagram feeds for a while now and it got me quite curious. Today I finally decided to make some  of my own protein balls.

I looked up a few different recipes and using the items I had on hand kind of created my own concoction. It turned out quite well and it was incredibly quick and simple to make.
Ingredients:

  • Matcha tea 
  • Coconut oil
  • Agave nectar
  • Raw cashews and walnuts
  • Chia seeds
  • Almond milk
  • Dried, pitted dates
  • Peanut butter
I didn't write down any quantities because honestly, I didn't measure anything myself while making this recipe. It's super simple and only requires one step, so really it's up to you to use as much or as little of each ingredient depending on your personal taste. However, to give you a better idea of the quantities used, the liquid products were about a spoonful or two and the solid products about a cup or two. 

To make these matcha protein balls you just mix everything in a food processor and blend until all ingredients form a giant ball.


Once the mixture is completely blended, roll spoonfuls into bite-size balls and place in a freezer-safe container. Place in freezer until ready to consume.

I put about a dozen in the freezer to keep for a later day, but I also let a few set in the fridge for an hour before having them as a snack.


I hope you all enjoyed this different kind of post and that you try this recipe out yourselves.

Please give me some feed back if you do. 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment