Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ipsy October 2014: Beauty Candy!

This month's Ipsy bag's theme was all about candy and beauty treats. They wanted to convey indulgence and gorgeous products in lust-worthy bag. I think they nailed it! The bag is very cute and the products inside look and smell amazing. Definitely a treat.


Here's what was inside my Ipsy bag this month...





ModelCo Volumeyes Extreme Black Mascara ($20.00)
Mascara is something that I have accumulated vast quantities of over the past few months. I love having big beautiful lashes and getting such results from a mascara is much easier and cheaper than applying falsies or getting lash extensions. I'll test this out and see if the results are satisfying.

Doll 10 Beauty H2Glo Highlighter in Champagne ($15.00)
At first glance I was very excited about this product, a beautiful champagne highlighter ? yes please! Unfortunately, when swatched, nothing appears. I really rubbed my finger on it but nothing came off. I'm quite stumped and really want to make this work, because in the pan, it is beautiful. I shall report back if and when I can make this work.

City Color Be Matte Lipstick in Cappuccino ($5.00)
Matte lipstick during the fall, there is no better combination.  The color os this product is very suitable for the season, although I'm not convinced it's a great color for me. I'll have to play with it some more and figure out how to pull it off. Also, there is a strange smell to this product which isn't quite so pleasant. As of now, this product isn't my favourite, but I shall give it a chance. There is an extra little thing that makes this product just that much better in my eyes, it's cruelty free.

Figs and Rouge Mango and Mandarin Hand Cream ($6.56)
I'm always on the quest to find a good hand cream, especially with the Canadian winter just around the corner, it never hurts to have an extra tube of hand cream to carry around in my purse. As soon as I opened my Ipsy bag and saw this I had to give it a try and of course to discover the scent. Let me tell you, it smells heavenly! Such a yummy smelling cream and very rich and moisturizing, I'll be reaching for this soon enough when my hands are getting constantly raped by the winter winds. Also the packaging is super fun and colourful, an overall hit of a product!

Skyn Iceland Mini Glacial Cleansing Cloths ($5.00)
I haven't had the chance to give these a proper go yet, hence the unopened and pristine packaging.  I have heard a lot about this brand and everything has always been positive, so I have high hopes for these lovely wipes. I feel, and very much hope, that these will be crisp and fresh, as though I dipped a cloth in glacier water and using it immediately on my face... yeah ok maybe my impressions are slightly skewed, but I'm definitely hoping for the best.

Total of this month's bag : $51.56

And there you have it, October's Ipsy bag unveiled for all of you!

What did you get in your Ipsy bag? What other monthly subscription services are you a part of ?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment