Saturday, October 25, 2014

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer vs Maybelline FitMe Concealer

Finding THE perfect and most wonderful concealer is a never ending journey.

Last year, I discovered the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and completely fell head over heels for this stuff. It's thick enough to cover spots and blemishes, yet brightening enough to apply under the eyes. It's just perfect. However, it comes with a hefty price tag that isn't so appealing.  So, I wanted to find a drugstore equivalent to this NARS wonder to use everyday and keep the expensive stuff for special occasions.

That's where the Maybelline FitMe Concealer comes in. I decided to pick it up at Target the other week on a fluke and boy am I happy I did.


Here's a break down of the two products...



NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla ($35)
This stuff is amazing, there is no denying, it's creamy, brightening, lasts perfectly well all day long.  It's pure perfection. However, it's quite pricey.

Maybelline FitMe Concealer in no15 Fair ($7.99)
A great drugstore concealer. It covers spots and blemishes almost seamlessly and brightens quite well under the eyes. It's not too thick in consistency, but very blendable. Plus, the price tag is to die for.

(top: NARS, bottom: Maybelline)

As can be seen from the picture, the NARS concealer is a little more pink toned and matches my skin colour a little better than the Maybelline one which looks slightly more yellow-toned against my skin.    However, when applied to my face they both look almost identical.

When it comes to consistency, the Maybelline one is a little more watery and less thick than the NARS concealer. I prefer the creamier consistencies, but for the price of the FitMe, I am certainly not complaining.

The packaging of both concealers is pretty much identical. They are both in long square tubes with transparent casing and black lids. They both apply with doe-foot applicators.

The NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer lasts a little better than the Maybelline FitMe throughout the day, so it's better suited for special occasions and days when you absolutely need your makeup to be budge-proof. The Maybelline FitMe Concealer is great for everyday wear and is a wonderful dupe for  the more expensive NARS concealer.

There you go, a great find at the drugstore that can save my high end makeup for important events and keep my money in my wallet longer :)

Let me know what you think of these products, and which other concealer I should check out next.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment