Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cactus Skincare Review/First Impressions

About a month or so ago I ordered the sample pack of Cactus Skincare products. They offer a sample pack of four of their products catered to your specific skin type. Mine was for combination to oily skin. The pack costs 5 Australian dollars plus 3 dollars for international shipping. The samples are meant to last a week. I had heard many good reviews from Australian Youtubers and bloggers about this all natural skincare brand that I decided to try it out for myself.

Cactus Skincare is an Australian owned and made brand of all natural skincare products aimed at creating a moisture barrier for the skin to heal and thrive. The company was created by a woman wanting to heal her own very dry skin. Her name is Deborah and she created Cactus Skincare in the early nineties. Now her son Ryan is helping manage the company.

Their products are entirely made of natural organic ingredients which is wonderful because some brands claim to be 'natural' or 'organic' but often contain many chemicals and aren't at all good for the skin. Cactus Skincare is made with care and the people behind it truly care about their business, products and customers. I've never experienced customer service so prompt and helpful. A great company and I will definitely be ordering a bundle of their full size products in the near future.


Here's a look at the products I sampled...

Lemon Myrtle Cleanser 
A creamy yet not too thick cleanser that smells yummy and feels wonderful on the skin. It's a light cleanser, so one shouldn't expect it to remove makeup as well. It cleans the skin nicely without stripping it. I don't feel the squeaky clean and tight feeling on my face after using this and that's great.  You don't need much of this stuff either. It works with the tiniest amount, so a full size of this will last quite some time.

Light Balancing Creme
Once again, this stuff smells very good. A thick cream that contains ingredients for natural sun protection, which is just wonderful in my opinion. It goes on the skin very nicely and leaves the skin feeling ready for the day ahead.

Nature's Anti-Oxidant Creme
I absolutely enjoyed using this cream at night. The scent is very pleasant and it really feels as though it's good for the skin. I always woke up the next morning feeling as though my skin was doing well.

White Clay Mask
This I believe is their most popular product and it does not disappoint. It's definitely deep cleaning and leaves the skin feeling like a million bucks. It does need to be followed with a good moisturizer, but all in all a great product.

Final thoughts...
I LOVE this brand as a whole and these specific products were total gems! None of these caused me any problems with my often sensitive and acne-prone skin.  All the products are white, which means there is no colouring added to make the product somehow more appealing. All the fragrances are natural and come from the active ingredients used in them, there is no extra scent added.

I recommend these products 100% and I hope they keep their business growing for a long time!

Let me know if you have ever tried any Cactus Skincare products.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment