Saturday, November 8, 2014

Nature Box October 2014: First Impression and Review

Being an avid Youtube watcher, there are certain products and companies that you hear a lot about. One of these is Naturebox. After hearing about them over and over and getting serious snack cravings from watching these videos I really wanted to get my hands on this yum-filled box.


It's a California-based company that provides a monthly box of delicious and healthy snacks.  The US site offers its members the chance to hand pick the snacks they want to receive and how many.  There is a wide selection on the American site and pretty much all of the options sound delicious. There are savoury and sweet snacks as well to satisfy both kinds of cravings.



This -in-between mealtime food service started shipping to Canada at the end of the summer. When I heard the news I was very excited. There are a few snack boxes in Canada, but they are much more expensive than Naturebox so I never took the plunge to try them out.  For first time Canadian subscribers they were offering a $10 off coupon which made the box only $10.

I subscribed, received my October box a couple weeks later and am more than satisfied with the contents.

Here is what I got...


Honey Dijon Pretzels
As a very big mustard lover, this snack delivers. It's delicious, it's crunchy, it's perfectly bite-size, it's satisfying. Need I say more?


Salt and Pepper Lentil Loops
You need to love pepper to enjoy these, thankfully I don't mind spice at all and pepper doesn't bother me. These are like chips, you can't just have one.

Cherry Berry Bonanza
This may be the least exciting snack of the bunch, but it's still yummy. It's a medley of dried fruit, cherries, blueberries and cranberries. A great way to top off yoghurt or cereal.


Dutch Cocoa Sun-Crunch
You may think these would be overly chocolatey and sweet, au contraire! A perfect mix of crunchy cracker with sesame meets slightly sweet cocoa. Yum!


Baked Peppery Potato Fries 
These don't have a very strong flavour, but sometimes you don't want an overwhelming punch of flavour in your mouth. These are easy to eat quickly. Thin sticks that can be picked up in handfuls and eaten without making a mess.

There you have it, my first Naturebox! I loved it and plan on keeping the subscription for a couple more months.

Let me know if you have tried this out, whether in Canada or the States.

xx

2 comments:

  1. I want to order this so bad! Thanks for sharing what was in your box, super interesting. :)

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely worth it :) Thanks for reading !!

    ReplyDelete