Saturday, May 30, 2015

May Favorites 2015

Another month has gone by, this time, I will say it, where the heck did it go? May was an insanely busy, crazy, whirlwind of a month. It started out with a two-week long trip to Thailand with my cousin where we had a very bizarre vacation, which ended not so wonderfully... but more on that in another post.

Most, if not all, of these products I brought along with me on my trip and were very well loved over the past couple weeks.




The main product that I used on my face this month (if I even had makeup on at all) was the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream in the shade 02 Vanilla. I cannot rave enough about this product. I've already done a whole separate blog post on it too.  It's such an easy product to use, can be applied quickly with the fingers and will give a light coverage, or it can be applied with a brush and the coverage is very buildable. Plus, it has SPF 30 in, so no need to apply sunscreen to the face when using this.

When we decided to go out at night and I wasn't too lazy to put on eyeshadow, I'd apply my trusty theBalm Put a Lid On It Eyeshadow Primer. It worked perfectly to keep my shadows in place, and it is very very very hot and humid in Thailand, even at night.


Corals are a must on vacation, which is why I brought along the following three products : Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Picnic in The Park, theBalm Frat Boy Blush and Teeez Cosmetics Nail Lacquer in Cotton Candy. Perfect products and perfect shades for tropical, summery weather and beachy bronzed skin.

Another theBalm product that I brought a long with me on vacation and loved was Bahama Mama Bronzer. It's a bit darker than my other bronzers, so I figured what better product to bring along and fake a sun kissed complexion.


While on our six-hour layover in Frankfurt, I realized I had forgotten to pack mascara, yep I forgot mascara. I obviously had to rectify that wrong and purchase one in duty free. I decided to try the Lancôme Virtuose Mascara for one simple reason: it was on sale. It actually worked out wonderfully. It lasts all day, and doesn't smudge or flake in the hot Thai weather. A great everyday mascara.

Being exposed to the sun for most of the month meant plenty of body lotion was needed. I brought along and very much enjoyed using the Rituals Honey Touch Indian Rose and Himalayan Honey Rich and Nourishing Body Cream. The scent is slightly floral, but mostly warm and sweet. A great exotic scent for vacations.


The last, but not least, of my favorites is my PASSPORT!!! Partly because I went away on vacation, but mostly because I thought I'd never see it again (a story for another post).

There you have it! My May favorites.

Let me know what you have all been loving.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment