Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ipsy December 2014: Thinking of you

Here we go, the last month of the year, the last Ipsy bag. I really enjoy receiving my pink envelop every month and discovering what goodies are hidden inside. It's a fun way to try new products and treat yourself to a little something each month without breaking the bank (only $16 in Canada).

This month was quite a good one. The contents are for the most part really good and I'm excited to really try them all out.


Here is what my December Ipsy bag contained ...



Beauty Without Cruelty AHA 3% Facial Cleanser ($2.80)
First, let me say that the name alone is enough to love. When a brand is upfront and makes their entire purpose about not testing on animals, it makes their products so much more appealing.  The size is very good as well, I'll be able to use it several times and really get a feel for the product. It smells really good in the container and I like that it contains AHA which is great for helping the skin heal.

Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush ($3.00)
One never has too many makeup brushes, so this was definitely welcome.  This dual ended brush is very soft and I'm sure I'll love using it to apply my eyeshadow.

Nyx Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in Parfait ($4.00)
We all know how much I love lip products, and in the winter time there is nothing better than some extra moisture on the lips. NYX lip products are always amazing and I had high hopes for this stuff. It feels really smooth on the lips, but the pigmentation isn't there.

Pixi by Petra Fairy Dust in Brightening Bare ($15.00)
I'm unsure about this product. The packaging is really nice, the colour even better. However, when swatched on the back of my hand, it is rubbed off easily. The packaging is the problem in my opinion.  The brush barely gets any product on it and I have to dip it in the pot several times to actually get any pigmentation going. It's a nice colour though and would be great for everyday wear.

Tarte deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara ($10.00)
This mascara has gotten so much hype on Youtube and beauty blogs and I am super happy to finally be able to try it out for myself and see what all the fuss is about. The brush looks like my perfect mascara applicator, very slim with many fibre bristles close together.

Bag total: $34.80


Overall I am happy with this final 2014 bag. There are some good products here that I will most definitely be using and some others that aren't so exciting.

Let me know what you got in your Ipsy bag this month.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment