Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Sephora VIB Sale Haul

About three weeks ago Sephora had its annual 20% off sale. This event is always very awaited and extremely popular among beauty bloggers and YouTubers. It's the only time high end makeup, hair and skincare products come on sale and can be acquired at a lower cost. It is most definitely worth it to splurge a little during this even because some items you may have been lusting over for the past year are now a little bit more attainable and therefore that much more tempting. Also, this event, being in November, comes at the perfect time to purchase holiday gifts for others, not just yourself ;) So it's even easier to justify spending heaps of money on beauty products because they aren't all for you.

I had been creating my virtual basket on Sephora.com for many weeks now. There were a few products I wanted to try and others I had my eye on for gifts for friends and family. The sale was on in stores and online, but I prefer purchasing stuff online because I can use Ebates (a website that gives you cash back for shopping online), get free samples and special deals. Unfortunately, due to the fact that it was insanely popular, my order only arrived about 14 days after the order was placed. That is why this post is only going up now.


Here is a look at (some) of the items I purchased ...




Sephora Favorites: Give Me More Lip
I love these Sephora sets with a wide range of different brands to test. These are usually the most popular products so you are sure to get quality items. Plus it's always possible to split these up and gift a few and keep some others. I've tried a couple so far and they have been great!

Ole Henriksen Seven Skincare Wonders
I've been on an Ole Henriksen kick lately. Their products are natural and work wonders on my skin.
I love their serums and moisturizer and needed refills so I got this set to try all their most popular products. It's a great way to see how my skin reacts to new things without dishing out the cash for a full size product right away.

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black and White Rollerball Set
The very first time I smelled these fragrances in a Sephora I did not like them, but I kept hearing about them all the time so I gave them another sniff and boy did my opinion changed. These scents are so unique, very different from anything else on the market and when both the White and Black are combined the scent is so special and lovely. It'll last all day on my skin and I can't get enough. I'll most likely be purchasing the full size of one of these soon because these rollerballs won't last too long.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe
Another über popular product. Anastasia has been very well known for her amazing brow products and this one has become so famous lately that I had to test it out and see for myself what all the fuss is about. This is a gel/mousse like cream that applies with an angled brush. You need the tiniest amount to shape and define your brows. It lasts all day long and my brows have never looked better.

3 Free Samples 
-Girl by Pharrell Williams
-Dolce and Gabana The One
-Yves Saint-Laurent Fusion Ink Foundation 

Those were my VIB purchases, what did you guys pick up during the Sephora sale?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment