Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Manicure 101: Nail Care Tips and Tricks

Having pretty nails is important to most women. It is definitely important to me, but let's be honest, it doesn't always happen. My nails are very thin and prone to breaking. Plus nail polish does not stay on my nails very long at all, I'm lucky if I can get polish to stay on for more than a couple days. I use my hands a  lot I suppose and my nails just don't hold polish very well.

Although my nails are difficult, there are certain steps and products that have helped improve the overall lasting power of a manicure and I'm going to share these with you now :)




Essential Manicure Products:

1. Victoria's Secret Travel Nail Set
I love this set to keep all my nail grooming devices in one place, the outside is bright pink and the inside is leopard which is very fun.

2. Sephora Nail Buffer Block
I've mentioned this before, a wonderful little product that really helps keep my nails in good condition. It's best to do this at least once a week or more to maintain healthy nails.

3. Sally Hansen Nail Hardener 
A product I picked up after having my nails destroyed by gels over the summer and early fall. I don't use this under a polish, I would only apply this to help my nails grow and remain as hard as can be.

4. Sally Hanser Double Duty Base and Top Coat
My favourite and most used base and top coats. It's almost empty and I may need to try something else after, but I do recommend this product.

5. ELF Nourishing Cuticle Pen
An absolutely essential part of doing my nails is taking care of my cuticles. I have often heard that cutting them is a bad idea and can cause infections. To avoid that I just push them back

6. Yves Rocher Nail Polish Corrector Pen 
Unless you are a professional manicurist or ambidextrous, chances are you will be getting polish other places than the actual nail, especially when using your non-dominant hand.

7. Nail Polish, Essie: Lots of Lux, Merino Cool, On a Silver Platter
Since it is Christmas, I chose a few very glittery and festive polishes to add some sparkle to the holiday season.  Merino Cool is a beautiful taupe that I have been wearing a lot over the past couple months.

There you have it, my manicure tips and the products I love using.

Let me know what other nail products I should try.

xx

1 comment:

  1. I have this same problem! It seems like not matter what brand I use nail polish will only last me about 3 days or so before it starts to go. I've finally converted to the blogging masses of praising Seche Vite as a top coat, but still can't find a base coat that will do the trick...

    ReplyDelete