Saturday, June 27, 2015

Old vs New: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

It's no secret that I fell hard, very hard, head over heels in love.... for a foundation. The Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation has been my favorite full coverage, special occasion, never have a bad makeup day foundation for over two years now.

However, all good things come to an end right? Laura Mercier reformulated this amazing product.  It has created two new foundations based on the Silk Creme. I had heard that the oil free version was the closest to the original formula, so that is the one I decided to pick up.


I purchased the new Silk Creme Oil Free Photo Edition Foundation in the same shade (Rose Ivory) I had in the original formula.  The colours match my skin equally well, so that's something that hasn't changed too much.

After using it for over a week now, I must admit I prefer the original formula. The finish was more dewy and a bit more natural. It also lasted a bit longer on the skin.

The original formula was very full coverage and so is the new one.

Apart from those two complaints, I am quite happy with this foundation. I will keep reaching for it when I want a flawless makeup look. All I need is a bit more highlighter and I'm good to go.

There you have it, my thoughts on the new Laura Mercier foundation. I still really like this foundation, I just liked the old version a bit more.

Let me know which full coverage dewy foundation I should try out next.

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment