Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Happy Skin Tag

I just finished watching Youtuber Tanya Burr do this in a video and I knew straight away I needed to do this tag in a blog post, so here it is!



1) How would you describe your skin?
I have combination/oily skin that tends to be spotty at times. I used to think it was sensitive because of my acne, but as long as the products I use have good ingredients, my skin is happy.

2) What are your main skincare concerns?
My skin still tends to breakout, so I am always careful and aware of ingredients and products that could break me out. I can also get a bit oily in the T-zone.

3) What's the weirdest natural ingredient you have used in your skincare routine?
Perhaps garlic. I've read a lot about garlic being a great antimicrobial. I once crushed up a clove and applied it to my face to help my blemishes. There is also a Lush Fresh Face Mask with garlic in it that I really like.

4) How do you define happiness?
Being satisfied with the people and the place you are in without needing to compare yourself to others is something I strive for and in those instances when I feel this way, I know it is happiness.  Also, taking the time to enjoy the small things in life is a simple, yet effective way to gain happiness.

5) Describe your skincare routine in 5 words.
Natural, the more natural the ingredients in my skincare products are, the calmer and happier my skin is.
Specific, because it is for my type of skin, which means the products I use and how I tend to my skin won't be ideal for everyone, but it's working for me.
Consistant, I have a routine that I follow day and night and keeping it all consistant makes my skin happy.
Expensive, using quality products does add up. I choose to invest in my skin and spending a little bit more now will help my skin stay youthful as long as possible (or that's what I tell myself anyway).
Important, whether I go to bed early or am up all night, before I lay my head down on my pillow, my skincare routine has to be done.

6) Tell us your top skincare tip.
Use oils! The moment I started using face oils, I saw a difference in my skin. The word oil may sound scary and may turn many people off right away, but it's the best way to moisturize and hydrate the skin while keeping it natural. Oils balance the skin and help restore skin's natural hydration and radiance. There are different oils for different skin types, but in general, everyone can and should use at least a drop of facial oil every night.

7) What makes you laugh every day?
My pets! Animals are such fun creatures and having them around makes the day a lot less dull and sometimes they do the darndest things.

8) What steals your skin's natural radiance?
Lack of sleep, stress, eating crap (too much sugar, processed or fried foods), not drinking enough water.

9) What are your top tips for healthy, glowing skin?
Drink lots of water, exercise daily, eat fruits and vegetables, use a face oil.

10) What's your skincare 101?
If you don't do anything to your skin, the least you can do is moisturize.

11) What is your happy place?
I love going to the barn and riding my horse. Being around animals in general is a great way to stay happy and calm. Being in the water is also a happy place, whether it be a pool, ocean, lake, I love it!

Those were all the questions for this tag!

Let me know if you've done it so I can check it out.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment