Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Best and Worst of Ipsy 2014!

Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that delivers five deluxe samples or full size products to your mail box. Some products end up being new favourites, others not so much.

One great part of Ipsy is the cosmetic bag that comes with all the products. Each month's bag is themed and therefore each month a different design is on the bag. It's very fun, and these little bags are very handy to travel with or to even put in your purse.

I went through my drawers and pulled out the products that I use all the time and compiled them into the best Ipsy products of the year. I did the same to find the worst.

Here is the final results of my Ipsy bags for 2014...

The Best




Klorane Dry Shampoo
As soon as I opened my bag and saw this product, I knew it would be a hit. This travel size lasted me a few weeks and after I ran out I went out and purchased the full size. I prefer using this over Batiste (my other favourite dry shampoo) sometimes because the scent is a lot lighter and I find the product sits better in my hair.

BWC Facial Cleanser
I received this in one of the last bags of the year and I put it in my shower and somehow use it almost everyday. It is an intense cleanser so a heavy moisturizer is needed after using it, but other than that it's really good.

Leanni Eco 3-in-1 Revolution
This is a great little skincare item to use on lazy days. It really does work as a serum and moisturizer. Not sure about the toner aspect, but it's a good product nonetheless.

Fig and Rouge Hand Cream
A delicious smelling hand cream that moisturizes well, what else can you ask for? Oh yeah, awesome packaging. This little item has it all!

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara 
I've mentioned this one a lot over the past month. I used the sample size up and went out to buy the full size. This has become my all time favourite mascara and the one I reach for everyday. My lashes don't look as nice on days I don't use this.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
Tarte products always seem to hit the mark, this one definitely did. It's volumizing without being over the top. A great mascara for days when my eye makeup isn't as heavy.

NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair 
A coveted product by NYX has been the butter gloss. I was happy to get the chance to try this out. If I could find these easily in Canada I'd probably have every colour.

Crown Brush Duo Ended Eyeshadow Brush
Nothing better than a super soft eyeshadow brush that has a dual functionality.

Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner 
I have mentioned this product entirely too much over the past few months. Still love it, still use it everyday without fail.

Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer 
Another item I cannot seem to shut up about lately. A great bronzer, pigmented, slight shimmer, gives a nice, not over-the-top glow.

The Worst 

Doll10 Highlighter
I remember swatching this for the first time after opening my Ipsy bag and being so underwhelmed by the pigmentation. You can even see by this picture how much I rubbed my finger on it to try to get some kind of colour pay-off. This is a total dud.

SeaRX Birchsap Moisturizing Lotion
I've received many skincare items in my Ipsy bags over the months, but this is one I never reach for. I tried it once and wasn't very impressed by its hydration.

NYX Butter Lip Balm
NYX is good a lot of the time, but sometimes it misses the mark, like with this product. This does not hydrate my lips and the colour is not very nice. This product would be better suited to teenage or preteen girls who are just getting into makeup.

City Color Be Matte Lipstick
The smell of this product is enough to make me want to chuck it in the garbage. It smells of wax crayons, the ones you used in restaurants as a kid while waiting for your food. The colour is also not flattering on me and it dries out the lips too much.

Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm
This does nothing for my lips. There is not hydration factor and the pigmentation is non existence. It's completely useless.

There you have it.  All the products that have stood out to me this year for good, or bad reasons.

I have kept my Ipsy subscription for now and will continue to share my monthly bag contents on here.

What stood out for you this year from Ipsy?

xx

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I switched to the Klorane as my favorite dry shampoo from the blue Batiste can. Have to agree that while as awesome as Batiste is for the price, the Klorane does sit a little nicer. And it seems to give my hair a bit more texture without it going overboard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely ! And the price isn't that different between Klorane and Batiste, so it's not that difficult to make the switch ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete