Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Travel Makeup Bag

Last Week I went on a short trip to Las Vegas (travel post to come later this week) and I brought some makeup with me, I know big shocker ;).

Since I was only bringing a carry-on bag, that limited the amount of items I could fit, so I needed to bring only the products I would use.


Here is what I ended up bringing and actually using !



Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox Beauty Balm
I fell in love with this product all over again during my trip. I brought another foundation that I love, but I only ended up wearing this one. It lasts ALL DAY! During long days touring around a new city, that's all you really need.

Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser
Early mornings, long nights, needless to say this stuff came in handy.

Maybelline FitMe Concealer 
A great concealer for covering up blemishes.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
My one and only powder, don't need anything else.

Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer
I've talked about this way too much lately.  It's a great bronzer for light skin tones, especially in the gloomy winter months.

Gosh Blush in Flower
I only brought one blush and I was very happy with my choice. A nice everyday colour that matches any eye look and lip colour. Can be applied with a light hand for a very subtle flush

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
I love the consistency of this primer and it makes my eyeshadow last.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe 
Such a good brow product, lasts all day, looks great.

Urban Decay Naked Palette
This is hands down my most used, most loved palettes. It was the first one I purchased a few years ago and it's still going strong, even after me using it almost every single day. It's the perfect neutral palette to bring on a trip because you can create any look with this, simple for daytime and more smokey for nighttime.

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara 
Still my favourite mascara, I can't seem to use any other one.

Mongongo Lip Balm
A great lip balm to prep the lips for daytime lipstick wear, and it smells great.

Gerard Cosmetics 1995 Lipstick
I've been really loving this lip colour, a great neutral for the cold months, yet it adds a little extra something to any look. And with a gloss layered on top it's so pretty!

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
A must have item, especially when walking around all day long and then going out at night. It keeps my makeup looking good all day.

Brushes and Cleaner 
I brought a select amount of brushes with me because they take up space and I really don't need that many on a four day trip. My favourites were packed as well as a small bottle of water mixed with tea tree oil, that I use to spot clean my brushes. Instead of washing my brushes everyday I spot clean them to disinfect them.

  • Real Techniques Blush Brush
  • Real Techniques Buffing Brush
  • Real Techniques Contour Brush
  • BH Cosmetics Powder Brush
  • BH Cosmetics Blending Brush
  • Urban Decay Flat Shader Brush (included with the UD Naked Palette)

Those were my picks for travelling.

Let me know which products you use on a trip.

xx



2 comments:

  1. I take my Mongongo Lip Balm with me everywhere! I got it in an Ipsy bag a while back and now I can't imagine functioning without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha same! I'll have to figure out where they sell them so I can repurchase when I'm done !

    ReplyDelete