Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Massive Amount of Empties

My bag of empty products I keep in my room to review was overflowing. I figured it was then time to post a very large empties post and quickly give my opinion on these products.

To make it a bit easier to follow, I divided all the empties into categories.

Bath and Body
I love the Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash, it is extremely hydrating and the scent is light and not overpowering, a great everyday product. The Body Shop Chocomania Body Lotion was a scrumptious and very delightful way to end the day. I would apply it after showering at night and the scent never got old. I'd repurchase this, however I am pretty sure this was limited edition. The Bath and Body Works Cashmere Glow Shower Gel has a very sweet and indulgent scent, I was excited to finish this up, not sure if I would repurchase or not, for the time being I have other body washes to use up. Life Brand Baby Shampoo is what I have been using and will continue to use to clean my makeup brushes, it's gentle and does gets the job done. 


Hair
Rusk Curl Silk was a product that was collecting dust in my hair care product basket, I hadn't used it in over a year and it was time to get rid of it. Nothing really more to say about this, I never used it. Kérastase Age Recharge Hair Mask is a very nourishing and repairing hair treatment and I do recommend it. The price tag is quite high though. 

Skin care
When it comes to skin care, I have turned to more natural ingredients over the past year or so. The Body Shop Seaweed line is ok, but nothing special. My skin has never loved products from this brand, so I wouldn't repurchase either of these products. Bioderma Miscellar Water is one of my most repurchased items. Gentle and efficient at removing makeup and cleansing the skin. Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub was a favorite for a while, I haven't repurchased due to the fact that their products are only available online, but I would consider buying it again. It's not too harsh and leaves the skin smooth. These two moisturizers are definitely the best I have ever tried for my skin. Derma e Hydrating Day Cream is what I use religiously in the morning and Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation is what I would use at night.

Perfume
 The Lacoste Touch of Pink was my first perfume, a gift when I was thirteen. I kept it until now for sentimental value, however it has long since lost its nice scent. The Body Shop Aztique Eau de Toilette was a strong smelling musky fragrance that I reached for a lot, a few years ago. Fruits and Passions Pink is a very light, fruity scent that I loved a couple years back. Yves Rocher Abricot is maybe one of my all time favorite scents, unfortunately they have long since discontinued this line, which explains why I hung on to the bottle for so long. Jennifer Aniston's Eau de Toilette is one of my favorite scents; fresh, light, slightly sweet, perfect for everyday wear. I have the bigger size of this going currently.

Makeup 
I've finished or am getting rid of a fair amount of makeup items, and that feels good. Maybelline makes some great mascaras, although some are better than others. Out of these three, my least favorite was the Pumped Up Colossal Volume because the brush was too big and the product wouldn't coat my lashes as well as other mascaras. The Falsies Volume Express gives a more natural look and the Rocket Volume Express gives a more dramatic look.  The Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara is a much raved about product, however, it fell very short. The product would not coat my lashes whatsoever, a huge disappointment. When it comes to high end mascaras I used to steer clear, but the following two made me change my mind: Benefit They're Real and Clinique High Impact are two very pigmented, long lasting and voluminous mascaras.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is a great brightening concealer, but Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer is even better ! Maybelline Great Lash was what I used before to set my brows, hence the gross brown colour.

That was a long post.

Let me know what you think about any of these products.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment