Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Skincare Haul

I popped in to the mall a couple days ago because I wanted to exchange my 5 empty lush pots for a fresh face mask.  I did exactly that, but I ended up coming home with a few more products too.





Lush
I love Lush, I love their products, I love their values, I just love the brand as a whole. Plus, going into Lush is always so fun because the shelves are packed with colourful and yummy smelling products. It's a struggle to leave the store without spending a small fortune, but I managed it this time and only exited with a Fresh Face Mask, which was free since I returned 5 empty Lush pots, and a body lotion.

The Fresh Face Mask I picked up is the Don't Look At Me. The sales girl explained that Lush recently opened a three-story store in London with many exclusive new products and that this mask and one other made with roses are some new arrivals to from this new mega Lush store. She also told me this mask is more expensive than the others and is worth getting for free with the return of the 5 pots. I didn't need much more convincing.

My other reason for going into the Lush store was to pick up a new pot of the Lovely Jubblies cream. Unfortunately, they've discontinued this product. The sales girl told me they would come out with another firming lotion, but it wasn't going to be the same thing. I decided to buy a new pot of the Sympathy for the Skin Hand and Body Lotion because I am almost out of my Celebration Body Lotion, which was from their Holiday Collection. If you like the scent of bananas, you must give this lotion a try. It is wonderful and extremely moisturizing.


Kiehl's 
My local mall has opened a Kiehl's store and when I walked by it, there was no question in my mind, I was walking in. I am a little familiar with some Kiehl's products, as they are often blogged about in the beauty world.  However, I am unfamiliar with the entire range of products and have never used any of them. It was fun to walk around the store and get to try some products on the back of my hand, smell some lotions, and examine the packaging first hand. The salesperson was extremely helpful and kind. She gave me a skin evaluation and recommended some products that would suit my specific skin type.

I ended up purchasing the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado because I needed a new eye cream and this one has been popular for a while and the salesperson agreed that it's an amazing product. She recommended it as a very hydrating and just all around great eye cream. She gave me a sample of the Midnight Recovery Eye to try out as well.

As part of the full skincare routine she put together for me, I chose to purchase the toner. I mentioned I had never found a toner that has not irritated my skin. The Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner is a very gentle, non-abrasive and non-irritating toner. It is supposed to calm the skin with the cucumber and balance the skin gently after cleansing. I have been using it now for a couple days and so far my skin has not freaked out. I'll keep you all posted on how I get along with this. The great thing about Kiehl's is that it's 100% satisfaction guaranteed, which means if I don't like a product, or it doesn't agree with my skin, I can return it.

I walked away from that store immensely impressed with the customer service, many samples, including a deluxe sample of the Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash and a small sample of the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion, and a hand written thank you note. I am really hoping to get along well with these Kiehl's products because shopping there was an absolute delight.

Sephora
I also had to pop into my favourite store, Sephora. They were having their VIB 4X the points event and I figured I should pick something up since I'll be getting more bang for my buck. I was very good and only bought a mini of the new Benefit Cosmetics mascara, Roller Lash. This new benefit mascara has been said to make your lashes hold a curl without needing to use a lash curler. I gave it a try yesterday


Those were the items I picked up in my recent trip to the mall.

Let me know if you have tried any of these items and what you think of them.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment