Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Work/Office Appropriate Trios

I was trying to figure out what kind of post to upload today. I was looking at my products and decided to pick out three items from three different categories and talk about them here. 

I chose my current three favourite items in the nails, lips and fragrance categories. Why you may ask? Well, simply because I felt like it. 

Since I've been working crazy hours, the items I picked out are those I wear to go to work, almost everyday.

After further inspection of the products I picked out, I realized these are mostly items I use and rely on for work. My makeup cannot be too elaborate, nor incorporate crazy colours, so I reach for the following items religiously.

Nails
When it comes to painting my nails, I've been quite partial to neutrals. One reason is that I cannot have crazy nails at work; the other is that when I do take the time to do my nails I want to have them look nice for a longish period of time. My three favorites are from Essie in the shades Merino Cool, Lilacism, and Hors d'Oeuvres. You may ask why I included a glitter to this trio, and I shall explain myself. My nails chip very easily, no matter the polish, top coat, prep, etc. And to avoid having to redo my entire manicure too often I tend to retouch my chipped nails with some glitter. It's still subtle enough to pass at work and covers the crappy look of chipped nails.

Fragrance
Another neutral side of my work vibe is my perfume. I can't empty a bottle of Flowerbomb and expect to not ruffle a few feathers. I can wear perfume, I don't work in a prison.  However I do have to be aware of the amount I put on and the strenght of said perfume. These are therefore my top pics for a subtle, sophisticated, fresh scent. My all time favourite the Jennifer Aniston Eau de Parfum is supposed to smell like the beach. To me it's perfection, it's light, fresh and slightly warm and powdery. Ideal for work. J'adore Dior is a classic and for good reason, it's a fresh and sophisticated scent that makes me feel like I can take on the day head on. Yes, it's that powerful. Dior's Dolce Vita is also a nice option, slightly stronger and spicier than J'adore, but still a nice classy scent.


Lips
Lipstick or a nice lip gloss is the way to tie my makeup look together. For almost the entire summer, I've been reaching for neutrals on my lips. These aren't nudes, but my-lips-but-better shades. Gerard Cosmetics in 1995 is gorgeous. Makes the entire look appear more sultry, but not in a bad way. MAC in Please Me is a gorgeous neutral matte pink that goes with almost any look. Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Blush is a lovely pinky nudy shade that is easy to throw on during the day for a touch up. 

And that ends this very different kind of post, but it was enjoyable to create. Let me know what you think and if you have any products you think I should check out.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment