Saturday, August 15, 2015

Current Skincare Routine

My last post was about the new things I have purchased, and many of those items, actually all of them, were skincare products.


Apart from the new products from the previous post, I do have a skincare routine that I have become quite happy with and has made my skin calm down and become less irritated.

Here are the products that have changed my skin for the better.

Morning


Somehow I forgot to include this in the picture, but each morning I clean my face lightly with Bioderma Micellar Water using a cotton round. I then apply some Benzoyl Peroxide topical treatment to any active blemish. I will then apply a serum. For the past several months, I have found that my skin has responded well to products with vitamin C, so that is my number one criteria when choosing a daytime serum. My current favourite is the Andalou Naturals Tumeric + C Enlighten Serum. It's a wonderful product that sinks into the skin quickly and gives a nice boost to the skin. I'll then apply my Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream with Avocado and Argan. Some will argue that applying the eye cream first is better, but honestly, some days I reach for one before the other and it's not a huge deal, neither product is harsh or will irritate the rest of the skin The final step is applying my day cream, the Derma e Hydrating Day Cream which contains hyaluronic acid.

Night


First step in the evening is using coconut oil to remove the bulk of my makeup. I find it's the cheapest product that gives my skin the less irritation. I'll then do a second cleanse with my Andalou Naturals Meyer Lemon Creamy Cleanser. Some days, about twice a week, I'll use a scrub. My current go-to is the Andalou Naturals Lemon Sugar Facial Scrub. Some nights I'll also use a mask. One I reach for a lot these days is the Almak Home Spa Mask. It's an italian brand, so I cannot say much about its claims, but it's a clay mask that isn't too drying and works well to de-stress the skin. My nightly eye cream is the Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel, which is wonderful, and soothing. The final step is to apply my face oil. My ultimate favourite and holy grail item is Nigella Oil. I wrote a separate blog post a couple weeks back, check it out if you want to hear more about it.

That is all for my skincare routine. It's something that has taken a long time to establish and be happy with, but I think these products really work well for my skin.

Let me know which skincare items are your favourites.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment